Robins and Dentists

I do not like the dentist.

Not at all.

I do like Robins, and Sandhill Cranes, and Turkey Vultures and Red Winged Blackbirds.

Since they have all made their appearances I think it’s fairly safe that aside from a bit of freak winter weather spring has come to southern Wisconsin.

Ivy will be so happy.

I hope spring brings you many robins and few dentists.

Now I’m going to go drink my Shamrock Shake while the drugs from the dentist wear off before I type anything truly ridiculous!

14 comments on “Robins and Dentists

I cancelled my dentist appointment on Tuesday because I was still sick. I haven’t rescheduled because I hate going! I also had “get a Shamrock Shake” on my list that day. I am hoping to buy one tomorrow.
    I hope your pain meds help you feel better!

2. Cara says:

I was just going to start asking around here to see if anyone had spotted Robins. I have not. They have to get snowed on 3 times before spring is really here and they can’t get snowed on if they aren’t here. We are just starting to see some open ground around the house and in the pasture so i am hopeful we will get some melting today.

I have never heard about robins getting snowed on three times. I’m going to have to pay attention this year!

• Cara says:

Well, what a difference a day makes. Lots more ground showing this evening. PS. I love going to the dentist, for regular visits anyway. I love the way my teeth feel after a cleaning and relaxing in a recliner for 30 minutes. I am sure as soon as I write this something will happen to give me a reason to hate going there.

3. thinkbigmuch says:

I see grass in the yard today! Here wormy wormy wormy! Robins are on their way! Shamrock shakes are awesome, if not frighteningly unnatural in color… Yum!

4. Susie says:

Do you like bird dentists? 😉

5. Jessie says:

Cara – you seemed so normal and nice until that last loving the dentist comment… Even your description makes me cringe!

6. Cara says:

Ha! Would I gain back respect if I clarified by saying, technically speaking I love visitng the Dental Hygenist. I probably wouldn’t look forward to it so much if I were only visiting the Dentist.

No robins here yet, but we did have some green beer show up yesterday!

8. Cara says:

I finally saw a robin this morning.