Ivy’s Kansas Picture

Ivy drew me a picture of our Kansas trip at school today.

Normally, ( Now would be the time to skip to the picture if you are an extra sentimental type.) I burn all of her papers when she isn’t looking. (I tried to warn you! Don’t lecture me, my house is small and it’s mostly crap!) But I liked this one, as I told Ivy “We should take a picture of it with you just in case something happens to it!”

DSCN0295-(sm)

Ivy, Jane and I watching the geese fly over the camper.

John says with these kinds of admissions I’ll never get any votes if I run for congress.

Good thing that’s not on my to do list.

9 comments on “Ivy’s Kansas Picture

You are funny! “just incase something happens to it.” This is a good idea…take a picture! I know someone who lays out art work that has come home from school, takes a photo and put the originals in the recycling. Boys don’t help with burning garbage or mulching my flower beds for this very reason. I have started a box for each boys’ precious items. The journalling and drawing they do at school is something I can’t part with just yet.

2. zlinge says:

Thank you for sharing this! Children’s artwork is so informative.

3. Uncle Weasel says:

With that kind of insight I’m thinking Ivy is the one destined for office.

Anyone with a duck call hanging on their fridge gets my vote!!
    Love that photo.

You worried me. I had to go back and see what else was in the background of the picture. A duck call is fine, but I shudder to think of the other things I could have accidentally documented this last week.

5. Peter S says:

Taking a picture is a good idea, we should do that too.

We try to save some of the artwork, but yes, most gets chucked out. Our son saw one of his drawings in the recycle pile recently. He pulled it out, said “that must have got in there by mistake!”, and then he put it up on the refrigerator with a magnet.

We’ve had stuff discovered in the trash as well. That’s how my burning policy came about!

• Peter S says:

Ah ha! I thought you were kidding about that, that makes it even funnier! We’ll have to have a pile set aside to burn when we go camping!

Nope not joking, we have a wood stove that we use almost every day in the winter, that makes it very easy to get rid of extra papers quickly! I’m not sure what I’ll do at the end of the school year, but there is always the fire circle outside or doing a bit of mulching like Jenny mentioned!