Morning Tea

These are my aunt’s horses. They have nothing to do with this post. I just thought you’d like them.DSCN3636-(2sm)

Some days I drink my fancy tea. I fill kettles and use teapots and it’s all relaxed and lovely and warm and soothing.

Other days I just need tea- now – and I go for a mug of Lipton.DSCN3651-(2sm)

Step one: Get mug out of cupboard.

Step two: Fill with water.

Step three: Microwave mug with water.

Step four: Add tea bag.

Step Five: Drink.

That’s it, five steps and rarely a morning goes by where I don’t forget my tea at one of them.

Mid-morning I find my empty mug on the counter.

I find mugs with lukewarm water both in the microwave and on the counter.

Tea bags are left unopened sitting by the sink.

And, most pathetically, I find tea, ready to drink, sitting untouched and wonder what is wrong with my brain in the morning that I can not focus through a very simple five step process.DSCN3649-(2sm)

Meanwhile I’m stumbling through my morning, hating life (like I do before 8 AM, 9 AM, 10 AM!?) wondering why I can’t get the fuzz out of my brain and get going.

It’s pathetic.

This morning I sunk to new depths and discovered a new and terrible way to ruin my cup of tea.

Running late, I was gulping my tea every time I passed through the kitchen getting ready. During one fly by as I was talking with John I grabbed my cup, gulped and as he causally mentioned that I was drinking his coffee, was already spitting it back out.

I don’t do coffee.

I quickly drank my tea – it tasted like coffee.

I headed out the door with a glass of water – it tasted like coffee.

I drank a Diet Coke – it helped.

It took a delicious lunch made by a friend and a second Diet Coke to finally scour the coffee flavor from the back of my throat.DSCN3686-(2sm)

Tomorrow I’m hoping that I do forget to drink my tea, at least until John is done with his coffee!

15 comments on “Morning Tea

1. Sue Eloranta says:

Thanks Jesse for the pics, they are great. Appreciate you always making the effort to come and visit!

2. Thanks for sharing this wonderful photo! Thanks for checking into my blog!!

3. John says:

The best part was that you were making some comment about needing to find your focus. You should give in and start drinking coffee, I’d have some made for you more reliably.

4. jaymarie says:

:snort

there, there.
    so glad you found a soda 😉

Ha! I do what you do (or fail to do) with your tea to my coffee. There are mornings when I go crazy looking for my coffee mug. Later in the day, I would open the microwave and behold my mug with one or two day old coffee inside.

6. wrygrass.com says:

Thanks so much for the pics…reminds me of many moons ago when I rode. You’re foggy mental state in the morning had me laughing – sounds so much like my grown daughter (who is definitely NOT a morning person like her mother).

7. ggirlsmama says:

Sorry you had such a rough morning, but it does make for a great story in retrospect 🙂 I agree with John, you should really give it a try! Coffee is how I get and stay focused at home and at work. I can’t drink the stuff black, I need a creamer to sweeten it a bit. But, I also understand, a lot of people just can’t do coffee 🙂
    I love the pictures of the horses, too!

Just the thought of trying to drink it makes me shudder. Ugh. I think I”ll stick with my tea, It’s nice a portable, tea bag and a hot water source. None of this coffee maker business! 🙂

8. […] clean out the truck and which kids is named what. I forget to paint my toes, where I left my shoes, what I did with my tea and to sign Ivy’s […]

I do love these pictures!