Dinner

I look at the following picture and think- “Mmm, loins on the grill, meatloaf, pot roast, tacos, bacon wrapped tenderloin and a handsome man!”

It’s possible you may look at the picture and think- “Ick, dead deer and a guy dressed as a pumpkin.”John with two does

There’s no accounting for taste.

9 comments on “Dinner

1. Ruth says:

No one else has this photo today so that makes it interesting. So long as you are eating and the population needs to be thinned, I don’t have a problem with dead deer as I eat dead cow and fowl. I just don’t look it in the face or see it’s eyes staring in death. The deer eyes open and yours closed. Yes, it is definitely an interesting post.

2. dianeschuller.com says:

I only wish we could still get deer. I also love that you photograph these things. Reality.

3. Peter S says:

If I go just a few miles south, over the state line into Massachusetts, I will get horrified looks if I say that I like venison. It’s funny how different the attitude is in the two states. I just respond with ‘Deer are tasty!’

4. Diane says:

John is adorable in orange. The deer, no thank you! Yuck! Give me wild turkey or pheasant or fish. That’s as wild as I get. Hee Hee

5. Richard Eloranta says:

Or what a hungry belly will do for you. : )

6. likeitiz says:

No, he does not look like a pumpkin! And yes, we love venison! I know. It’s not easy to freely blurt that out in some circles. But, why not? Let’s be honest!

7. More a combination of both; Hmmm, steak and a guy dresses as. Do you ‘proces’ (cut and clean) the deer yourselfs or do you bring/sell them to a butcher?