… is because the first warm, rainy day of spring goes like this:
1) The kids refuse to go outside because they might get wet.
3) All the clothes they are wearing get wet and muddy so the kids them off and throw them on the ground.
4) Then they play naked until they get cold.
5)Next they jump shivering into the shower until they are warmed up and ready to dry off with a new towel.
6) The new, wet towel gets dropped in one of the dirty puddles of water that they created on their way into the shower.
7) And then – they take clean laundry out of the basket and put it on.
8) Finally, no matter how I suggest, shout or cajole in an attempt to convince them that perhaps this progression could be slightly altered to allow for less laundry, they ignore, sneak and giggle their way through it again, and again until it’s time for bed.
So, tonight my plans are, you guessed it, laundry!